How engaged are you?
Engagement refers to your loyalty, passion and commitment to your work. It is apparent in the extra effort you make to meet the needs of your colleagues and customers.
Candidly answer these 7 questions: Never, Sometimes or Often?
- I recommend my employer to others as a good place to work.
- I feel that I’m working to my potential in this job.
- I’m thinking of leaving my job.
- I put in an effort over and above what is expected of me.
- I always speak positively about my employer.
- I am committed to helping my employer achieve its business goals.
- I enjoy helping others in their work in my organization.
As a leader, it is also useful to consider how your employees would answer these questions.
What impact do you have on their engagement? It’s up to you! Your leadership excellence is the most critical factor in creating employee engagement.
Specifically, how you:
- set direction
- build trust
- foster accountability
- provide growth opportunities
- communicate about the good, bad and ugly
- reward your staff.
Engaged employees. Employees who are loyal, productive and satisfied. When you foster a culture of engagement, both you and your employees will be more successful.