In our Coaching for Results workshops, we ask participants to describe the behaviours of their best boss ever. What did she do that motivated and inspired them to do their best? What specific actions did he take that forged engagement?
Our review of hundreds of responses over the past two years reveals the top 5 behaviours that the best bosses regularly demonstrate:
- Opportunities to Grow: Giving employees stretch opportunities to develop new skills and confidence.
- Open, Honest Communication: Keeping staff informed, asking high gain questions and actively listening to their input.
- Feedback: Providing balanced, constructive feedback in a respectful manner.
- Delivering on Promises: Doing what they say they will do, walking the talk.
- Caring: Demonstrating interest in staff, not just their results.
For more information about our leadership development services, please contact Joan Hill directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 990-2515.