HAVING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
Why This Workshop?
Do you find yourself dreading an upcoming conversation about a difficult issue? Have you recently had a disagreement that felt more like combat than communication? Do you find disagreements upsetting, anxiety-provoking and frustrating? Having Difficult Conversations is an enlightening, practical workshop that uses real life examples to enhance your ability to handle conflicts and challenging exchanges. Whether getting someone to do something she doesn't want to do, achieving consensus with a peer on a business strategy or negotiating deadlines with a supplier, this workshop will help you achieve the outcomes you want.
You Will Learn How to:
- Understand the psychology that occurs during difficult conversations
- Comprehend the 5 ways we react to conflict and the pitfalls associated with them
- Identify when conflict is destructive vs. constructive
- Create a positive communication environment
- Apply a 6-Step Conflict Resolution Model to get the outcomes you want
- Use effective questioning, probing and listening skills to understand the other party's positions and interests
- Reframe positions to interests to move beyond disagreement
- Apply proven principles to handle difficult conversations in your everyday role
- Having Difficult Conversations
- Interpersonal Mastery
- Facilitating Meetings That Work
- Knowledge Transfer for Subject Matter Experts
- Effective Presentations
For a full list of workshops, click on the tab Training Workshops.