Our recent survey of HR professionals reveals that persuading leaders to implement 360° evaluations can be challenging. Why the pushback? Leaders cite negative repercussions for respondents, defensiveness/anger about feedback and time involved. All of these can be addressed effectively in how the survey is designed, communicated and administered.
If your role involves building the case for 360s, job #1 is to communicate the “why”: the benefits of engaging in this process.
5 Reasons to have a 360° Reviews:
- We need to understand how our behaviours affect others.
- 360s provide a solid basis for establishing our leadership development plans.
- Using key organizational competencies ensures that development plans are aligned with our organization’s strategy and direction.
- 360s provide career resilience.
- Feedback improves motivation and results.